Shri Rajiv Balkrishna Gupte, is a Fellow of Institution of Engineers (India) attached to the Textile Engineering branch. After putting up ten years of service in the private sector, he joined Group ‘A’ Gazetted services in the Central Government through UPSC. He has worked in MSME-DI, Patna, Mumbai, and Agartala in the capacity of Assistant Director and Deputy Director before
becoming Director. He was on deputation to Ministry of Finance, Department of Financial Services and posted at D.R.T. Lucknow as a Registrar for three years. In August 2011, Shri Gupte joined as Director at MSME-DI, Kanpur which was nodal office for the state of Uttar Pardesh and later on in August 2013 transferred to Mumbai in the same capacity.
He is credited with important achievements during his career wherein his contribution was acknowledged with appreciation by Hon’ble Ministers, his seniors, public and industry associations
1. He has provided guidance to more than 20000 entrepreneurs in various areas by organizing workshops, seminars and training programmes in the states of Bihar,Uttar Pradesh,Tripura and Maharashtra.
2. He beheld the additional charge of Principal Director , Fragrance and Flavour Development Centre, Kannauj when he was posted at Kanpur and moved the loss making Government owned society to a self sustaining institution within 6 months.
3. Under his guidance, system analysis of legal pendency was carried out at DRT, Lucknow and website of tribunal was launched introducing many features available on High Court sites.
4. His efforts were very much appreciated by the then Additional Secretary & Development Commissioner(MSME), New Delhi for removing encroachment on
two and half acres of land owned by Government at prime location of Mumbai
5. Under his guidance twenty National Level Vendor Development Programmes cum Industrial Exhibitions were organized in UP and Maharashtra which could
bring business of Rs 3000 Crores to MSMEs
6. During his tenure as a Director at MSME-DI, Mumbai, fourteen Common Facility Centres (CFCs) were sanctioned in industrial clusters in Maharashtra
which have come into operations. Each Common Facility Centre is a project of about Rs15 Crores and Government of India has released grant of 70 to 90% for
7. He was given additional charge of MSME-Testing Centre (Western Region) for two years. In his tenure, LED Testing Facilities were set up at MSME-Testing
Centre, Mumbai. It was a project of 52 lacks and first of its kind in Government Testing Laboratory. Shri Gupte retired from Government Service at the age of
superannuation on 30th June 2018.
Post Retirement activities
1. He is Honorary Consultant to a government owned Society MSMETechnology Centre (IDEMI), Sion, Mumbai 400022 He is providing consultancy for Udyam Sakhi and udyam Saathi portals which are going to help MSMEs situated all over India.
2. He is life member of Bombay Management Association (BMA)
3. He is involved in many social and community development activities .He is extending voluntary services in fields of education and entrepreneurship to many
He can be contacted on -+919619107182